St Johnstone v Killmarnock 25/02/2017 Saints Day

garydavidson

Don't recall ever leaving early before but left after 85 minutes of that shite. I couldn't face sitting for 40 minutes in that bloody car park after watching another shocking home performance. I think because I havent done away games this year i'm really struggling to enjoy this team. Players never looked bothered the full game. Nobody got pass marks. Except my pie.

When you look at the two defeats to Partick, two to Killie, that shocker to County it's hard to put your finger on how we can be that bad. Proper Jeckyl and Hyde stuff. The home St Johnstone are relegation fodder. The away St Johnstone are Euro contenders. Problem is most of us watch the shite home one. 

Edited by Broon

When you look at the two defeats to Partick, two to Killie, that shocker to County it's hard to put your finger on how we can be that bad. Proper Jeckyl and Hyde stuff. The home St Johnstone are relegation fodder. The away St Johnstone are Euro contenders. Problem is most of us watch the shite home one. 

Post of the year chief.

i wholeheartedly concur.

Don't recall ever leaving early before but left after 85 minutes of that shite. I couldn't face sitting for 40 minutes in that bloody car park after watching another shocking home performance. I think because I havent done away games this year i'm really struggling to enjoy this team. Players never looked bothered the full game. Nobody got pass marks. Except my pie.

Dundee away was just as bad…

They try to bring in the fans with a few posters etc but the only think that will attract the fans is a team with pace & causing defences problems. Not a team that thinks possession football is playing the ball across the back until a sort pass puts you in trouble or pass back to goalie when you are in a better position yourself.

Absolutely woeful display. Strange formation to start with (Easton was all over the place) and players making basic mistakes from the off - how many times were we caught in possession or hassled into a quick pass straight to an opposition player.

The lack of mobility and pace in the side is really starting to show - too often when we broke there was no support or else no urgency or hunger from the team.

Individually I think that spells the end of Tam Scobbie's chances of a new contract and Millar's future has to be a big concern.

At least Tommy was honest enough post-match to say that it was the worst performance since he became manager.

Absolutely woeful display. Strange formation to start with (Easton was all over the place) and players making basic mistakes from the off - how many times were we caught in possession or hassled into a quick pass straight to an opposition player.

The lack of mobility and pace in the side is really starting to show - too often when we broke there was no support or else no urgency or hunger from the team.

Individually I think that spells the end of Tam Scobbie's chances of a new contract and Millar's future has to be a big concern.

At least Tommy was honest enough post-match to say that it was the worst performance since he became manager.

Aye but it was HIS game plan!!!

For all that each and every one of the players was poor, the worst offender for me was, for some the untouchable, Tommy Wright

The starting formation was strange. Easton is NOT and NEVER WILL BE a left midfielder. Joe is a capable CH but NOT the right back in a back three.

Midge is clearly either injured, or even,due to injuries,finished. He won't tackle, can't chase back and can't kick the ball any distance

Ok, so Tommy ****ed up the starting formation, but the worst crime was yet to come. Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, could see the players were uncomfortable / confused with the formation and that it just wasn't working. Why the f**k then did Tommy not react and shuffle things around??

I have narrowed it down to two options

a. He's tactically inept

b. He was too busy checking his mobile for an incoming 0141 call

Long day....slow train from Edinburgh, just starting journey home

Always try to look at the positive but difficult on this occasion..

Touch of Groundhog Day.. away team gifted early goal and snuff out home team...

Home team have no plan B and just continue with the same ineffective tactics..

Not even bad refereeing can be blamed for this result..

Let's just hope tactics/team etcetra are better on Wednesday :-( 

Edstar, could not agree more. I am unfortunately a long time season ticket holder who agrees wholeheartedly with your opinion of "untouchable" Tommy. He is tactically inept and appears to never have a Plan B. I actually felt sorry for some of the players today being forced into positions way out of their comfort zones or to play when clearly nowhere near match fit. Why on earth was miller starting today when we had a fully fit Paton on the bench, and then to make matters worse, put him back on for the start of the second half. Ridiculous!!!!! I hope that Tommys courting of The The Rangers leads to him being offered the job. I would more than happy give him a lift through and supply a pen to sign on the dotted line.

For the first time in many many years I really am struggling to find a reason to buy a season ticket to watch this farce for another season.

Guest ScottMann

I am more concerned about staying in top 6.

That's the Saints way of course but let's look up more instead of down. It's really what we should be doing these days, even after results like this!

For the first time in many many years I really am struggling to find a reason to buy a season ticket to watch this farce for another season.

^ that's me too.

Will still attend but Saints will not get my money upfront.  Another factor is I am paying more than £23 to get in as have missed a few games for one reason or another so paid but non-attendance.

Edited by Dave H

To try and ease my radge and pain I have written a wee poem.  Jim Mackintosh, eat yer heart oot... ;-)

Sitting here alone on a Saturday night
Feeling down, cos saints played shite
Headless chickens comes to mind.
A bad day at the office is being too kind

Tactics were guff, formation was crap
Who at Saints should take the wrap.
Players lacked passion and showed no fight
Managers instructions just were not right

Played off the park, another home loss
I’m in the camp that blames the boss
Three at the back, was quite a surprise
Taken apart before before our poor eyes

Players in midfield, they’re tackling their teammates
Fans leaving early, they’re heading for the gates
Enough is enough, time they packed this shit in
And when they play Dundee, lets have a home win.

COYS

To try and ease my radge and pain I have written a wee poem.  Jim Mackintosh, eat yer heart oot... ;-)

Sitting here alone on a Saturday night
Feeling down, cos saints played shite
Headless chickens comes to mind.
A bad day at the office is being too kind

Tactics were guff, formation was crap
Who at Saints should take the wrap.
Players lacked passion and showed no fight
Managers instructions just were not right

Played off the park, another home loss
I’m in the camp that blames the boss
Three at the back, was quite a surprise
Taken apart before before our poor eyes

Players in midfield, they’re tackling their teammates
Fans leaving early, they’re heading for the gates
Enough is enough, time they packed this shit in
And when they play Dundee, lets have a home win.

COYS

Nice one mate.

try a bottle of voddy .i find that helps .

ps if yer home alone how's about a wee party ? A Medicinal Smirnoff party 

WTF is Tommys problem?

6 defenders on the park in starting XI with 3 out of position. Playing Millar against a strong midfield that Killie have with Paton on the bench? 

We have a settled back 4 changed for nothing. Why is Coulson not just thrown on? A back 4 of Foster, ando, joe and Easton is what it should've been. Scobbie shouldn't have played neither should Miller. Coulson and Paton in there instead. 

Zander needs dropped. 2 howling mistakes, granted he made a couple of good saves but he cost us today. 

We are bottlers. Every chance to close the gap on Hearts we bugger it up. 

We have a team incapable of trying a shot from distance too.

Performance was that minging I didn't even boo at the end. 

Killie deserved the win but made very very easy by us. 

Edstar, could not agree more. I am unfortunately a long time season ticket holder who agrees wholeheartedly with your opinion of "untouchable" Tommy. He is tactically inept and appears to never have a Plan B. I actually felt sorry for some of the players today being forced into positions way out of their comfort zones or to play when clearly nowhere near match fit. Why on earth was miller starting today when we had a fully fit Paton on the bench, and then to make matters worse, put him back on for the start of the second half. Ridiculous!!!!! I hope that Tommys courting of The The Rangers leads to him being offered the job. I would more than happy give him a lift through and supply a pen to sign on the dotted line.

said the same in the car going down the road, seriously consider a season tic next year if that's the kind of shit on offer week in week at home, and wasn't going to bother about Ibrox, but went and bought the tickets and will still get my season ticket, I'm a sucker for saints and seen the good bad and the ugly, but that was pure lack of desire and bottle today,  but try to keep the freebie kids and their parents coming along, no chance with what's on show. 

Tommy will be remembered for the good times and rightly so, it's been great, but over the last few seasons some of his selections at times have been awful and today's was shit, why change a your normal back four, as they say the defence is the base of the team and there was no need to change it today. Stop dreaming of a poisonous chalice and sort the team out you are paid to prepare.

As a few people say above a few players now need to be shifted, we are at the crossroads, a few of the tried and trusted are reaching their sell by and others that are really good players but only get half a season from due to injury probs, Midge been a great servant etc etc, the likes of him, Craig, Scobbie need to be moved on a bit of fresh blood brought in.

We need a commanding centre half, creativity in centre mid, a bit of pace out wide and a striker (why were we not looking at Billy McKay in January, surely can compete with Inverness in wages etc).

But knowing saints will probably go and turn over that shower of shite on wednesday!! 

This is exactly the sort of game where we need some steel in midfield and Paton must be scratching his head why he didn't get a start today, particularly when Muzz was missing. 

He also has a decent range of passing on him (more so than I ever thought) and we had way more width when he started playing some of his crossfield balls out wide which helped move us up the pitch.