Saints V. Aberdeen 23/1/15

glenrothes saintee

Amazing how fired up the team were after being called unprofessional by an opposing player in the press, absolutely pitch perfect response. Very impressed by captain McLean, good at geeing the boys up.

Kane looks a decent talent, hope Brian was taking note of how to win a header, press the ball and hold up play without having to whingeing or sitting on the ground with arms outstretched

Hope we never see him again.

That was a magnificent St Johnstone performance. A great entertaining game to watch. Delighted with the point and the way saints approached the game.

I put my hand up to predicting us getting a doing. Loads of injuries, against an in form aberdeen team and when we've not played well for a while.. Really brave team selection with the two strikers and Murray and spoony in central midfield.

After half time aberdeen had a man playing in behind our 2 central midfielders and we got caught out for a 10 minute spell upto the goal, but that was it, we more than matched a really good side, and outplayed them for a lot of the game

as well.

Every saints player was superb tonight. Spoony had a couple of moments of mental ness with his decision making, but also had quite a few moments of great skill. Scobbie, Gary miller, Anderson, and Easton were excellent. Mannus was superb. Lappin had loads of energ and a couple of brilliant deliveries, croft had a great first half and put in a quality ball for Kane and hit the post in the second. Muz and spoony worked their socks off, got stuck in and gave the Dons midfield plenty to think about. Kane brought so much energy to the team, real hunger and desire, and was a constant nuisance. Macca won plenty headers, had some great lay offs to midfielders and played a great game.

More of the same please Saints, that was fantastic entertainment!

So are all the doom and gloom folk going to give it a rest now, all so full of shite it's unbelievable, that was a brilliant performance tonight an could easily have been 3 points, all so quick to write the team off were where you a few seasons ago when we were mickey mouse in the first division how did you acc cope????

The atmosphere tonight was brilliant and it definitely had an effect on the players and showed on the pitch, maybe start believing in the team and gettin behind them an we will get somewhere instead of pissing an moaning.

So are all the doom and gloom folk going to give it a rest now, all so full of shite it's unbelievable, that was a brilliant performance tonight an could easily have been 3 points, all so quick to write the team off were where you a few seasons ago when we were mickey mouse in the first division how did you acc cope????

The atmosphere tonight was brilliant and it definitely had an effect on the players and showed on the pitch, maybe start believing in the team and gettin behind them an we will get somewhere instead of pissing an moaning.

Agree with the sentiment, but what I say before the game and how I act during the game are massively different things. I'm the most positive fan whenever I'm near the ground. It was quite right to be nervous with our injury list but when I saw our line up my confidence picked up and I'm sure I wasnt alone.

I agree one hundred percent with you assessment of the crowd though, what an effort to outsing the dandies. It would be a shame if you missed queens away, I'm sure there's a way you could make it.

Agree with the sentiment, but what I say before the game and how I act during the game are massively different things. I'm the most positive fan whenever I'm near the ground. It was quite right to be nervous with our injury list but when I saw our line up my confidence picked up and I'm sure I wasnt alone.

I agree one hundred percent with you assessment of the crowd though, what an effort to outsing the dandies. It would be a shame if you missed queens away, I'm sure there's a way you could make it.

I can understand folks doubts before the game with injurys and from Tuesday night but aslong as iv followed us we've always had our ups and downs and hate when our own fans right us off, we can achieve anything on our day, we have our off days like every team does and soon as we do its the end of the world for some of our support

I feel the atmosphere makes a big impact on the performance on the pitch, every game there's acc been a good atmosphere the team play out there skin and it's brilliant

There's no way il miss queens even if I have to walk il be there just glad its no the moro cos il no be going anywhere except bed, this Friday football's hectic for the liver haha

That was refreshing. Two proper strikers, two midfielders capable of supporting, two capable wide players, two solid full backs who helped get forward and two excellent central defenders. Keeper was solid too. The result? 17 shots on goal against one of the best defences in the league. Terrific entertainment.

We are much more attractive in a 4-4-2 and it harked back to last season when we had May and MacLean up top. Most enjoyable game of the season by far. Only a wonder goal prevented a thoroughly deserved win. And don't let anyone fool you by saying Aberdeen were off form. They played well and tried their best. I just thought we were magnificent.

Edited by Broon

Not a failure in the Saints team yesterday great performance all round. Lappins goal actually looked better on TV than it did at the game. Aberdeens goal was an absolute belter one of the best opposition goals I have ever seen. Spoony needs to get a decent set of studs though.

It's often funny how a team can play better when the starting 11 almost picks itself due to injuries and suspensions

It's also very frustrating having been to Inverness and seen how bad we can be to then see how good we were last night.

If we could have found consistency, and had fewer injuries, might we have been the ones challenging Celtic?

It's also very frustrating having been to Inverness and seen how bad we can be to then see how good we were last night.

If we could have found consistency, and had fewer injuries, might we have been the ones challenging Celtic?

The players were hurting from Tuesday as deep down they knew that they had let the gaffer and fans down. There was not enough effort and that's not something I've ever said about one of Wrights teams. Last night they can out the traps from the off.